Order to Cash Transformation: What is next?
Realizing the impact of Oracle Cloud in Order to Cash process
The Objective of this blog is to develop a distinct point of view to showcase opportunities for Order management team to drive sustainable business impact and co-create value to business operating in the highly unstable market.
Challenges faced by Organizations
The major challenges faced by the organization today have clear business implications that can help orhinder strategic objectives.
What does an effective order to cash process add to the company
A successful order-to-cash process frees companies from the headaches of legacy order management systems and offers a number of crucial business benefits.A happy customer means meeting each customer’s needs through end-to-end processes. Creating a positive customer feedback by “Order-to-Chaos” cycle is a myth. A non-integrated and non-streamlined process causes managers to have sleepless nights. Order to cash cycle is one of the most critical components of the supply chain. It not only retains one of the strongest stakeholder i.e. customer but also impacts the “Top-line growth” of a company.
Successful Order to Cash Process
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” – Arthur C. Clarke
Oracle Order Management Cloud Fits the Need
Oracle Order Management Cloud orchestrates the entire order-to-cash process and provides complete visibility to all phases of the order lifecycle.
The Oracle order-to-cash process allows you to capture information, deliver on your promise and orchestrate operations.
ORACLE ORDER MANAGEMENT CLOUD
- Orders from different entry modes like direct, import, and import/edit are made to orchestrate the entire order to cash cycle for simple and configured products.
- Robust pricing policies.
- Streamlines and centralizes standard order fulfillment processes and procedures.
- Complete visibility to user of different order statuses and progress of fulfillment cycle.
- Performs jeopardy calculation for proactive issue resolution with predefined actions.
- Comes with integration of Oracle CPQ cloud, Oracle Inventory Cloud, and Financials cloud for Quote-to-Cash.
- Supports actual lead time ATP, CTP, and PTP order promising.
- Suggests alternate sources or substitute items and includes what-if analysis with cost and delivery time metrices.
Quick Features of Oracle Order Management Cloud
“With the introduction of Oracle Order management cloud and OracleGlobal Promising Cloud, Customers can now run entire Quote-to-Cash process in the Oracle Cloud,” Said Jon Chorley, Group Vice President of supply chain management product strategy, Oracle. “By deliveringan enterprise-class order management platform, which is alsomatched with quoting, sales, fulfillment and billing all in the Oracle Cloud, our customers can deliver uncompromising efficiency, satisfaction, and performance.
ORACLE CONFIGURATOR CLOUD
- Gives flexibility to order entry specialist to configure a product at the time of order entry.
- Configuration gives a model item with its BOM specification which can be communicated to manufacturing/ assembly team for the build.
- Calculates price of an item as per the selected BOM to remove any manual error.
ORACLE PRICING ADMINISTRATOR
- Gives flexibility to have price of a product defined according to the customer.
- Enables user to change price at the time of order creation.
- Order currency can be changed dynamically at the point of order entry.
- User can have shipping charge, service charge list created.
- Tiered and attribute based pricing can be created as per business need.
Integrated and Coordinated Information for all Stakeholders
Oracle cloud process addresses the demands and requirement of All players in the order fulfillment cycle.
Customers can order what they want. With the ability to configure products according to their needs and specifications.
Ordering Specialists need complete visibility to their order with all of its line items. They need to check if any of the order linesare in jeopardy that might affect customer satisfaction so that they can take corrective measures immediately. One of the biggest requirement is to have access to exact information about inventory availability, various fulfillment options, lead-time and cost of fulfillment. In case of any issue that isreported,they shouldhave recommendations about alternate supply source or a substitute product to meet customer satisfaction.
Executives will have various reports and info tiles to have a quick view of the status of all orders past, present or in jeopardy. If customers are receiving orders on time? Are operations running smoothly and profitably?
About the Author
Sonal Sharma is working as an SCM consultant focused on Oracle Fusion Order Management.