A leading steel distribution company implemented Oracle Demand Management, Replenishment & Supply Planning Cloud along with data integration from JDE
Oracle Modules Implemented
Oracle Demand Management
(Demand Planning, Replenishment Planning)
Oracle Supply Planning Cloud
Client Background and Business Context
The client operates a number of steel service and distribution centers across the western US & Canada. Headquartered in Great Falls, Montana. The client has over 46 branch offices in Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, and Alberta, Canada.
The key business objectives behind the client’s Cloud adoption were to create a more responsive and robust supply chain that enables efficient collaboration across branch offices, DCs, and direct buy branches thereby improving end-to-end Supply Chain visibility. Also, change in buying behavior by being more proactive using Forecasting approach than being reactive. The Client also wanted to optimize the existing Manual Coil Planning & Mill Supplier Allocation Process.
The client selected Trinamix for implementation of Oracle Demand Management, Replenishment & Supply Planning Cloud along with data integration from JDE. This End-To-End Engagement was successfully implemented all remote with Project Start to Go Live in under 18 Weeks.
Key Solution Highlights
- Deploy Demand Management Solution using Exception Based Forecast Analysis & Maintenance of Shipment History & Forecast for 12 DC & Branch Locations and for Coil Branch.
- Deploy Replenishment Planning using Service Level & EOQ based Min & Max Replenishment Policy and Comprehensive Ranking method for Items based on Sales Hit, Sales Volume & Item UOM for 12 DC & Branch Locations.
- Replenishment Planning Data loads for another 14 Direct Buy/Combo Branch Locations for future rollouts.
- Deploy Supply Planning for Coil Line and Modelled Coil Supplier Allocation Process through Rank Based Constrained Plan honoring both Min and Max Contract by Supplier & Product Sourcing restrictions.
- Inbound Integration for all key Master & Transactional Data from JDE to Oracle Planning to Support Demand, Supply & Replenishment Planning with different schedules for Daily, Weekly & Monthly levels.
- Deployed Load Report with conditional Formatting to facilitate Load consolidation for DC & Branch Locations and creation of Purchase & Transfer Orders in JDE, and for Coil Line and creation of Purchase Orders by Supplier in JDE.
Robust, integrated supply chain platform to support scalability, efficiency and optimization
Streamlined demand-driven replenishment process for future growth
Improved forecast accuracy by implementing Multi Point Exception driven Forecast Analysis
Comprehensive & Automated Coil Planning & Mill Supplier allocation process inc honoring of supplier Contracts/Sourcing Restrictions
Shortened planning cycle by reduction of manual workflow esp in Order creation in JDE & Coil Planning Processing Times
Trinamix is a leading Oracle implementation specialist that facilitates customers in the digital transformation of their supply chain using Oracle Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Planning, Internet of Things, Blockchain and AI/ML. Trinamix offerings include design thinking, strategic planning, change management, business process transformation, industry specific solutions, support services and RPA based implementations. We are headquartered in the US with local offices in Canada, Australia, Japan, UK and India.